Slam-dunk the most challenging edit tasks with TextPipe Pro - a powerful text-processing workbench that combines 300+ conversion, transformation, extraction and report mining operations on UNLIMITED text or binary files of UNLIMITED size. Text mine / extract data from mainframe EBCDIC COBOL copybooks, data historians, log files, XML, HTML, delimited files. Upload Data Historian time-series data to Azure Event Hub or Azure IoT Hub. EasyPattern or perl-style regular expression search and replace. Use restrictions to control precisely where changes occur e.g. line or column ranges, XML and HTML tags and attributes, CSV- or tab-delimited fields, lines that match/do not match a pattern etc e.g. find and replace just inside the ALT text of an IMG tag, or columns 20-40 of lines 1-10). Convert files between mainframe and DOS, Macintosh and Unix line-feed formats. TextPipe can be scripted from any language using COM or automated from the command-line. Generate and modify XML, CSV, tab-delimited or fixed width database extracts. User-defined filters can be written in VBScript or JScript. TextPipe comes with an Engine that can be embedded in other applications. Audit logs keep track of the filter lists run, files modified and changes made. More than 200 example filter files are included along with a comprehensive online manual. Winner SIA 'Best Application' award
* Field specification filters now support field names with embedded hyphens (-
), and field names with spaces can be used by surrounding them with quotes.
* A warning is now output when a field specification does not match the field
names found in a file.
* Improved error handling for script filter
* Added 'ignore leading characters' to Mainframe Copybook filter to help
resolve common copybook processing problems.
* Added ability to save and load Shell Extension filters to tab/csv.
* Enhanced capability of search/replace list filter's edit grid.
* Enhanced log output for all filters
* Fixed combo boxes being shown with a dimmed background color.
* Fixed handling of field selection when the first field is relative to the
number of fields (ie a -ve offset). Fixed handling when a relative reference
is used with a field count.
* Fixed field selection when erroneous ... used
* Re-arranged UI for better user experience.
* Loading a file into the Trial Input area now does not double backslashes or
other special chars.
* Temp files used in processing Zip files, or in Convert Word/Excel/PDF to Text
are now thread-safe to avoid conflicts.
* New Tools Menu item to search your filters for a piece of text. Perfect for
finding filters in a large filter list.
* New Replace options - replace (or skip) rest of folder. Great for websites
and other hierarchical structures.
BeyondCompare difference tool integration
Removed warning about active COM objects.
Sort function now much faster.
Removed warning about active COM objects.
New EasyPatterns for file handling. Improved Mainframe conversion, Much more!
* Trial run area now shows output progressively - giving important feedback
earlier in the filter development lifecycle.
* Now shows '(more pending)' next to the file count if more files remain to be
counted, so users aren't misled that only 1000 files will be processed.
* EasyPatterns v2.8 - new keywords EBCDICletter, EBCDICupper, EBCDIClower,
DayNameShort, DayNameLong, MonthNameShort, MonthNameLong, YearShort,
YearLong, Float, Integer.
* Mainframe copybook filter now copes with VALUES of ZERO/ZEROS/ZEROES,
SPACE/SPACES and multiple comma-separated values
* Matrix (parallel) search/replace for Exact replacements:
- now much faster - 600,000 replacements against 8MB compressed .xlsx file in
* New filter to restrict processing to specified files within a compressed file.
* Handles all PKZIP compressed file types
* File grid now supports Unicode characters.
* Support for Unicode pattern matches in the files grid (perl regex mode).
* Split filter now allows Unicode filenames, and Unicode file break patterns.
* Grep filters now allow Unicode patterns (when UTF-8 support mode is enabled).
Fixed installer handling of x64 shell extension
Fixed AV's when saving or loading a file when running under Windows 7.
Updated third-party zip DLL to improve Windows x64 support.
Updated internal PCRE (Pattern Matching ) engine to v8.13 and support for Unicode 6.0.0.
New macro @outputFilename, Filter lists are now freed on completion, memory leaks fixed and more