Slam-dunk the most challenging code or website edit tasks with TextPipe - a powerful text-processing utility that combines 300+ conversion, translation and filtering operations on multiple text or binary files. Update text using search and replace, which supports perl pattern matching, sounds-like matching, edit-distance matching and search/replace lists. Convert files from foreign computer systems between DOS, Macintosh and Unix line-feed formats. Convert between Unicode formats and 150+ other text encodings such as Japanese Shift-JIS and Chinese BIG5. Split or join files, add or remove lines or columns, remove blanks from the start or end of each line, remove blank lines, remove HTML tags, remove duplicate lines, add line numbers, sort, center or right justify text, word wrap, remap ANSI or Unicode characters, expand or contract tabs, remove backspaces, remove binary characters, pad or truncate or force lines to a predetermined width, generate word lists and much more. Restrict filters to operate in line or column ranges, CSV- or tab-delimited fields, lines that match or do not match a pattern, and search replacements (allowing replacement text to be capitalized etc). TextPipe can be fully automated via the command-line or scripted via a COM interface. Handles files even larger than 2 GB. Full audit logs keep track of the filter lists run, files modified and changes made. More than 100 example filter files are included along with a comprehensive online manual and tutorial. Winner of SIA "Best Application" award. "A text processing utility on steroids"-Win2000 Tips. "Considering the amount of brute work I saved using the TextPipe filtering and automation options, I must recognize that your software is not just a nice addition to a text editor but a daily use tool for any serious web developer. Thank you for the opportunity of using it."-Experimental Magazine
* Field specification filters now support field names with embedded hyphens (-
), and field names with spaces can be used by surrounding them with quotes.
* A warning is now output when a field specification does not match the field
names found in a file.
* Improved error handling for script filter
* Added ability to save and load Shell Extension filters to tab/csv.
* Upgraded PCRE regex library.
* Enhanced capability of search/replace list filter's edit grid.
* Enhanced log output to provide information for every filter type
Faster search/replace, UI find/replace improvements, better installer
* Re-arranged UI for better user experience.
* Loading a file into the Trial Input area now does not double backslashes or
other special chars.
* Temp files used in processing Zip files, or in Convert Word/Excel/PDF to Text
are now thread-safe to avoid conflicts.
* New error on zip DLL missing.
* New Tools Menu item to search your filters for a piece of text. Perfect for
finding filters in a large filter list.
* New Replace options - replace (or skip) rest of folder. Great for websites
and other hierarchical structures.
Mainframe filter now detects and warns when ASCII files are processed.
New Expand All/Collapse All in right-click menu of Filter view.
If the filter list is running and F9 is pressed, TextPipe now changes to the Status tab.
BeyondCompare difference tool integration
Removed warning about active COM objects.
Sort function now much faster.
Removed warning about active COM objects.
New EasyPatterns for file handling. Improved Mainframe conversion, Much more text processing fun!
* EasyPatterns v2.8 - new keywords EBCDICletter, EBCDICupper, EBCDIClower,
DayNameShort, DayNameLong, MonthNameShort, MonthNameLong, YearShort,
YearLong, Float, Integer.
* Mainframe copybook filter now copes with VALUES of ZERO/ZEROS/ZEROES,
SPACE/SPACES and multiple comma-separated values
* Matrix (parallel) search/replace for Exact replacements:
- now much faster - 600,000 replacements against 48MB file in 31 seconds.
* New filter to restrict processing to specified files within a compressed file.
* Handles all PKZIP compressed file types
* File grid now supports Unicode characters.
* Support for Unicode pattern matches in the files grid (perl regex mode).
* Split filter now allows Unicode filenames, and Unicode file break patterns.
* Grep filters now allow Unicode patterns (when UTF-8 support mode is enabled).
Fixed installer handling of x64 shell extension
Link Filter now in every edition.
New COM functions, shred filters, pattern matching supports up to 99 named expressions and more!