Augustus Loop 2. 2. 2002 download by Expert Sleepers
Augustus Loop is an emulation of a tape-based delay effect, with some extra features to facilitate its use as a looping device. Version 2 is now available! For the complete list of new features see here.
The key features of Augustus Loop that make it more than just a big delay effect are:
* Really long maximum delay (3600 seconds - that's one hour).
* Tap length/tap record. You can set the loop delay time while recording your first phrase.
* Virtual tape. The delay simulates an old-style tape delay, meaning you can
o change the tape speed (i.e. pitch up and down)
o reverse the tape direction
o stop the tape
o smoothly change the delay time (as if you were changing the head gap on a tape delay).
* Multimode filter and saturation in the feedback loop.
* +oOeCTtTape Sim+oOeCOao section to emulate the signal degradation of vintage tape echo machines.
* Four feedback taps (left to left, left to right, right to left and right to right) with independent delay time and feedback settings, for ping-pong effects, stereo delays etc.
* Pitch and filter LFOs.
* Loop length can be set in terms of the host's tempo setting.
* Output of MIDI clock messages to synchronise other applications to the plug-in.
* Ability to sync multiple instances of the plug-in running at once.
* Automatic fades up and down to allow smooth transitions in your playing. It can even automatically clear the loop for you once it+oOeCOaos faded out.
* Host transport-sync+oOeCOaod punch in and out when recording.
* +oOeCTtInertia free+oOeCOao mode suppresses the tape-like behaviour when changing delay times to allow seamless transitions between loop lengths. (This is also the route to the popular +oOeCTtmultiply+oOeCOao and +oOeCTtdivide+oOeCOao features found on some popular looping devices.)
* The +oOeCTtFx Loop+oOeCOao plug-in configuration allows you to route audio through other plug-ins either side of the +oOeCTtvirtual tape+oOeCOao, allowing you to insert your own effects in the delay loop. So you can just substitute your own filtering/saturation for Augustus Loop+oOeCOaos own, or get really creative by inserting any plug-in you like in the delay.
* +oOeCTtRecord Offset+oOeCOao feature to solve the problem of latency in digital audio systems.
* Fully scriptable and skinnable GUI.
* Fully scriptable control via MIDI and OSC.
* Scripts can control other instances of the plug-in, allowing you to build complex multi-plug-in setups controlled from a single source (e.g. a MIDI pedalboard).
Tags: Delay , delay effect , scriptable GUI , Tape , Vst , Vst Plugin