Did you know that your mobile can speak UK English?Have Victoria read aloud texts from your e-book, navigation, translation and other apps in a UK English female, high quality and natural-sounding voice powered by SVOX.When combined with TTS-enabled apps, Victoria can:
- give directions, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road while you're driving
- read a notification containing the caller / sender's name, and read the content of an incoming call / sms / mms / email
- read aloud your favorite e-books or pdf documents
- help you learn English by reading aloud the correct pronunciationand much morea€¦ the possibilities are limitless!
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com for a list of compatible apps and voice demos.NEW! Pronunciation correction feature: correct the default output according to your preferences!== INSTRUCTIONS ==
1. Install and run the voice app once*
2. Install free SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine*
3. Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.
Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen.
Select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.
4. Run the voice app, click *Continue*, then follow the instructions.
5. Your SVOX Voice main screen will be now visible. Don*t forget to try the new pronunciations correction feature (*pencil* icon)!
6. Download other free / paid apps to combine our voice with. For example, you could try: Google Navigation (on Android 2.2 and later, only with Navigation < 5.9), Moon+ Reader PRO, Voice Actions Plus, TalkToMe Classic, Book Speech Audio Books, Transzilla, Good Morning, WakeVoice, Pocket Blonde...
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com/faq/ for a list of frequently asked questions.
And now a€¦ enjoy your new SVOX voice! == PRONUNCIATION CORRECTION FEATURE - HOW TO ==
1. Run the voice app
2. Click on the *pencil* icon. The pronunciation correction screen will now be shown.
3. Tap on the Android menu key and select *Help*== NOTES ==*
1. Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language*
Compatible with Google Navigation version < 5.9
2. On Android 2.1 and earlier, only some apps, like Google Translation, support changing voices.