CDRoller is a handy and reliable software for data recovery from optical discs (CD/DVD/Blu-ray), hard and ssd drives, memory cards and other types of Windows drives. Key features:
1. Retrieves the data from the discs created by drag and drop CD/DVD/BD writing software, such as well-known Sonic (Roxio, Adaptec) and Ahead Nero software packages.
2. Includes built-in UDF Reader. No need to install the 3rd party UDF Reader.
3. Finds and recovers the lost DVD movies and photos, created by a wide set of standalone devices, including Hitachi, Canon, Panasonic, Samsung and Sony DVD camcorders as well as standalone video recorders. Converts a raw DVD-video (VOB or VRO files) into MPG files without loss of quality. Makes a new DVD-Video disc that can be played back in the most DVD players.
4. Includes built-in CD/DVD/BD burner and eraser integrated into common shell.
5. Recovers CD data written by Sony Mavica CD digital cameras.
6. Provides a direct access to raw disk data using a special driver, bypassing the restrictions imposed by Windows Vista/7/8 under standard user (non-administrative) account.
7. Retrieves the lost pictures, video and other types of files from flash memory card and drives.
8. Finds and retrieves the lost data on Hard Disk Drives (HDD), Solid-State Drives (SSD), floppy disks and other types of Windows disks/drives with FAT/NTFS file systems.
9. Finds and retrieves the lost files on UDF discs, including: accidently deleted files, files on quick-formatted disk, files on incorrectly closed disk, etc.
10. Examines disc sectors at low level.
11. Rescues the data from scratched, damaged or defective discs.
12. Retrieves back up files from the multisession discs.
13. Provides direct access to the hardware (CD/DVD/Blu-ray drives), bypassing the Windows File System.
14. Tests disc readability.
15. Extracts ISO Image file and burns it to a new disc.
16. All features are integrated into a common and easy-to-use intuitive shell.
Released CD/DVD/Blu-ray bitmap for recovery options. Added an ability to display the digital numbers of the recovery params as hints under the data recovery window. In addition to HTML report, the recovery results can be now saved into the text file as well.
Extended Data Recovery updated with creating disk image files for entire drive, logical disk or selected partition. Added support of 4Kn disks, formatted with UDF file system.
Examine sectors updated. Added support of user-defined signatures (in the text or hexadecimal form) for finding the files data based on their signature only. Scan FAT Data updated. Removed the old 32GB limit of scan area.
Added support of Microsoft Virtual Disk Images in VHD and VHDX formats (*.vhd, *.vhdx files). NTFS reader and Examine Sectors significantly updated in order to manage new 4Kn and 512e drives. Fixed an old bug when some dialogs did not appear in the Windows taskbar.
Added support of disk ISO, EWF and DD image files. Released files scanning for particular data (content) with support of Perl-like regular expressions. Examine Sectors option updated.
Extended Data Recovery updated. Added support of popular Linux Ext2 / Ext3 file systems and disks with GPT partitions.
1. Examine Sectors significantly updated. Added the ability to extract the found data into an external (.dat) file. This is a new option of CDRoller for recovering the lost data when using the files signatures only. 2. Tests under Windows 10 successfully completed.
View Image significantly updated for all data recovery options. It now supports all major graphic formats and popular digital camera raw formats (Canon, Kodak, Minolta, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Fuji, Sony), and also includes thumbnail previews, support of EXIF metadata, batch convert, print and more.
1. For Extended Data Recovery: Examine Sectors significantly updated and also added support of UDF file system.
2. NTFS reader updated. Added an opportunity to recover the compressed NTFS files. Released a deep scan of unused clusters.
1. Released a direct access to raw disk data using a special (kernel-mode) driver bypassing the restrictions, imposed by Windows 7, 8 and Vista operating systems under standard (non-administrative) user account.
2. UDF data recovery updated.
3. Extended Data Recovery improved.
Fixed bug in NTFS reader
1. Extended Data Recovery significantly updated. Added support of exFAT (Extended File Allocation Table), a new Microsoft 64-bit file system optimized for flash drives. 2. Numerous improvements, bugfixes and workarounds added.
1. The list of drives for data recovery is expanded. Added support of hard disks, ssd drives and floppy disks.
2. NTFS and FAT readers significantly updated. Added numerous bugfixes and important improvements into the search of deleted files (NTFS Undelete and FAT Undelete options).
1. Tests under Windows 8 Professional successfully completed. 2. Russian version of CDRoller 9 issued. 3. Numerous bugfixes and workarounds added.
1. Flash Data Recovery significantly updated. Added expected support of NTFS file system. 2. Examine Sectors updated. Added ability to use hexadecimal (HEX) strings for search of the required data. 3. Forced scan updated. Added support of DVD-RWs created by Panasonic AVCHD camcorders.
1. Scan UDF Disc option updated.
2. Fixed the bug when reading UDF blu-ray discs created by Windows 7.
3. Forced scan updated. Added support of DVDs and Blu-ray discs created by Windows 7 UDF burner.
4. Recover DVD Video updated. Fixed bug while identifying the large video data (4 GB+).
1. Flash data recovery significantly updated. Added expected support of FAT 12 file system. Fixed a small bug when searching the deleted files.
2. UDF Reader updated.
3. Extract ISO Image File updated. Added several bugfixes and improvements.
1. Extract To ISO Image File option significantly updated. Added support of the different file systems (UDF, ISO/Joliet, FAT 32), multisession discs and flash memory cards.
2. Fixed a bug when reading Blu-ray discs with LG BH10 drives.
3. Numerous bugfixes and workarounds added.
1. Examine Sectors option updated. Added ability to apply an external hex editor for detailed analysis of sectors data on CD, DVD or Blu-ray discs.
2. Numerous bugfixes and workarounds added.
1. Added an ability to create and manage an own image file.
2. Added an ability to get a few copies of the 'Recover DVD Video' option, running CDRoller from the Command Line
3. The old 'Test Disc' option updated. Added expected support of UDF discs.
4. Support of Windows 9x/ME/NT4 is canceled.