TextPipe is the ultimate Webmaster tool for updating text. It handles an unlimited number of files and folders, and is unique in handling files of unlimited size. It performs one or more changes AT THE SAME TIME, and can search for MULTI-LINE text and special characters. Search for 'fuzzy' text patterns using popular perl-style regular expressions, and friendly EasyPatterns, with predefined patterns for [Whitespace], [Date], [Time], [IPAddress], [EmailAddress] and more.
TextPipe is unique in that you can restrict replacements to line ranges, column ranges and also to HTML elements such as within the ALT tag of an image, or within the CONTENT attribute of the META KEYWORDS tag, or just within the TITLE tag. The possibilities are endless, and restrictions can be nested. You have to see these to understand just how powerful they are!
TextPipe can also convert files between Unix, Mac and PC/Windows end of line formats, Remove blanks from the Start or End of each line, Remove blank lines, Remove HTML tags, Add line numbers, File Headers and Footers, and text to the start or end of each line and more.
TextPipe can be automated from the command line and via COM scripting from other programming languages. A Standard and Pro version are also available.
More than 200 example filter files are included along with a comprehensive online manual. Winner of SIA "Best Application" award.
"I use it handling differences in data interchange with our customer banks... I used to have an entire folder full of quick little VB programs that I would write to fix up data, and I no longer use them. They all have been replaced by TextPipe. Since I bought the product 20 days ago, I have replaced all of my other home-brew utilities and processed over 350GB of data"-Jeff W. Martin, Carreker Corporation
* Fixed filename or foldername generation when based on a macro such as
@InputFilename@ where the value contained international characters.
* Fixed perl pattern ribbon not being available for some filters.
* Fixed Trial Output area now showing cursor position.
* Field specification filters now support field names with embedded hyphens (-
), and field names with spaces can be used by surrounding them with quotes.
* A warning is now output when a field specification does not match the field
names found in a file.
* Improved error handling for script filter
* Added ability to save and load Shell Extension filters to tab/csv.
* Upgraded PCRE regex library.
* Enhanced log output to provide information for every filter type - very
useful for filter debugging.
Faster search/replace, UI find/replace improvements, better installer
* Re-arranged UI for better user experience.
* Loading a file into the Trial Input area now does not double backslashes or
other special chars.
* Temp files used in processing Zip files, or in Convert Word/Excel/PDF to Text
are now thread-safe to avoid conflicts.
* New Tools Menu item to search your filters for a piece of text. Perfect for
finding filters in a large filter list.
* New Replace options - replace (or skip) rest of folder. Great for websites
and other hierarchical structures.
Comment filters now have horizontal scroll bar.
Clearing the filter search using [X] button now selects search field.
Inappropriate menu items are now dimmed when a non-filter window is active.
BeyondCompare difference tool integration
Removed warning about active COM objects.
Sort function now much faster.
Removed warning about active COM objects.
New EasyPatterns for file handling. Improved Mainframe conversion, Much more!
* Trial run area now shows output progressively - giving important feedback
earlier in the filter development lifecycle.
* Now shows '(more pending)' next to the file count if more files remain to be
counted, so users aren't misled that only 1000 files will be processed.
* EasyPatterns v2.8 - new keywords EBCDICletter, EBCDICupper, EBCDIClower,
DayNameShort, DayNameLong, MonthNameShort, MonthNameLong, YearShort,
YearLong, Float, Integer.
* Matrix (parallel) search/replace for Exact replacements:
- now much faster - 600,000 replacements against 8MB compressed .xlsx file in
* Handles all PKZIP compressed file types
* File grid now supports Unicode characters.
* Support for Unicode pattern matches in the files grid (perl regex mode).
Opening and Updating zip file log messages are now clickable.
Only modified files are added back into Zip files such as .zip, .docx, .xlsx and .pptx.
Updated internal pattern matching libraries.
New COM functions, pattern matching supports up to 99 named expressions and more!